Sto Corp., a provider of cladding, air barrier, coating and restoration systems, has recently introduced StoGuard Transition Membrane, a flexible air barrier membrane for use on vertical above-grade wall construction over properly prepared concrete, concrete masonry (CMU), glass mat gypsum sheathing and exterior or exposure I wood-based sheathing.
StoGuard Transition Membrane is used with StoGuard waterproof air barrier membranes including Sto Gold Coat, Sto EmeraldCoat, Sto AirSeal, Sto VaporSeal and Sto ExtraSeal. It is used at detail areas to provide flexible connections to achieve continuity of the air barrier assembly. It also functions as a secondary weather seal at joints in construction.
- Easily applied without the use of special tools or specialized labor.
- Thanks to the durability of StoGuard Transition Membrane, it will not tear or lose effectiveness while in service.
- Because StoGuard Transition Membrane is a fully adhered product, it will not peel or suffer loss of adhesion along edges.
- StoGuard Transition Membrane will not stain surfaces due to adhesive leaching or streaking.
- StoGuard Transition Membrane does not require the use of primers or termination mastics for proper installation.
- Because StoGuard Transition Membrane is a flexible material, it can be used in a wide range of applications for both static and dynamic joint conditions. One product solves multiple job site conditions.
- StoGuard Transition Membrane is compatible with all StoGuard vapor permeable or vapor impermeable membranes.