The 2022 Buildings XV Conference will bring attention to the thermal performance of the exterior envelopes of whole buildings.
Co-organized by ASHRAE and Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the Buildings XV conference will be held Dec. 5-8 in Clearwater Beach, Fla. The conference takes place every three years allowing time to develop new research and technology applications and to document the findings.
“The Buildings XV Conference draws heavily on the advanced technical knowledge of all our global experts,” says Andre Desjarlais. “This year’s conference will highlight strategies for increasing climate resilience and energy performance as it relates to building envelops.”
The conference includes tracks focused on Principles (research and development), Practices (practical applications and case studies) and Residential (single and multifamily buildings). Twenty-nine conference paper sessions will take place, along with three plenary presentations, a networking reception and sponsor information tables.
The following six pre-conference workshops will be offered:
- Workshop 1: Achieving an Airtight Building (Full Day)
- Workshop 2: Whole Building Testing and Inspection Workshop
- Workshop 3: Pre-Conference Workshop 3: Building Assembly Air and Water Leakage Research
- Workshop 4: Pre-Conference Workshop 4: Improving the Performance of HUD-Code Manufactured Housing
- Workshop 5: Introduction to Hygrothermal Modeling
- Workshop 6: How Much Carbon is in There? – Beyond Operational Energy
- Workshop 7: DOE Current Challenges and Opportunities and Research Needs of Building-Integrated PV Systems
Keynote speakers include Betsy Pettit, M.Arch., FAIA on Evolution of a Deep Energy Retrofit; Achilles Karagiozis. PhD on 30 Years of Building Science Innovations and Eva B. Moller, PhD and Ernst Jan de Place Hansen, PhD on Building Physics – The Key to Sustainability.
The registration cost to attend the conference is $715 for ASHRAE members ($730 for non-members).
For additional pricing for the 2022 Buildings XV Conference, as well as the complete technical program, please visit ashrae.org/BuildingsXV.
Be the first to comment on "ASHRAE and ORNL’s Buildings XV Conference to Focus on Exterior Envelope Thermal Performance"