ASHRAE has announced a call for abstracts for the 2019 Buildings XIV International Conference to be held in Clearwater Beach, Fla., Dec. 9-12, at the Sheraton Sand Key. The conference is co-organized by Oak Ridge National Laboratory and ASHRAE.
The conference includes two tracks focused on Principles (research and development) and Practices (practical applications and case studies).
“This conference draws on the advanced technical knowledge of our global experts, that it takes place every three years, allowing time to develop new research and technology applications and to document findings,” says André Desjarlais, conference chair. “It’s an opportunity for product manufacturers, research groups, technical advisors, builders, designers and other consultants to discuss their work achievements, interest and awareness of buildings issues, and provide solutions to some of our major building problems.”
The 2019 Buildings XIV International Conference steering committee is seeking papers focused on the development of high impact technologies and processes that are lifecycle cost effective and reduce energy use and environmental consequences, as well as case studies that are unique and new. Papers should demonstrate how their topics, on the thermal and moisture performance of the exterior envelope of whole buildings, will lead to high performance buildings, demonstrate technologies ready for implementation and show the promise of short to mid-term adoption.
Suggested paper topics:
- Advanced Construction Practices
- Air Barriers and Air Leakage
- Basements/Below-Grade Construction
- Building Envelope Commissioning
- Building Envelope Integrated Technologies
- Building Retrofit
- Building Sustainability and Resilience
- Cost Optimization
- Design Tools
- Dynamic and High-R windows
- Envelope-Related Indoor Environment
- Fenestration and Window Attachments
- Heritage/Historic Buildings
- HVAC-Envelope Integration
- Innovative Materials and Systems
- Low Energy Buildings
- Moisture Management, Durability and Service Life
- Monitoring, Modeling and Simulation
- Offsite Manufacturing
- Residential Single and Multi-Family Applications
- Roofs, Attics and Walls
- Standards, Codes, Guidelines and Test Procedure Development
Abstract submissions are due Oct. 26, 2018. If accepted, papers will be due Feb. 22, 2019. For more information or to submit an abstract, visit the website.
Be the first to comment on "ASHRAE Announces Call For Abstracts for 2019 Buildings XIV International Conference"