The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) has announced its 2018 National Honors recipients. The National Honors recognize service to the Society, its chapters, and the design community.
“Each year, countless volunteers contribute to the success of the Society’s chapters and mission,” says Randy Fiser, Hon. FASID, ASID CEO. “This year we are recognizing nine individuals and one chapter who have made an exemplary impact on their chapters and communities.”
ASID Medalist Award
Recognizes members who have exhibited two of the following three criteria, outstanding service to an individual chapter or to ASID; significant contributions to the interior design profession; and/or significant contributions that enrich the human experience.
- Educator Medalist: Jan Merle, ASID (ASID Florida South Chapter)
- Medalist: C. Dianne Etheredge, ASID (ASID Texas Chapter), Benjamin Huntington, ASID (ASID New York Metro Chapter) and Rosemarie René, ASID (ASID Texas Chapter)
Industry Partner Merit Award
Recognizes industry partners who have exhibited two of the following three criteria, outstanding service to a chapter and the profession of interior design; significant local, regional, or national contributions to the interior design profession; and/or sustained, notable contributions that have enriched the human experience.
- Martin Hershbein, Industry Partner Representative of Robert Allen Duralee Group (ASID Florida South Chapter)
ASID Chapter Community Service Award
Recognizes a professional chapter that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to community service during the previous ASID program year. The service project should exemplify the spirit of bringing design to life in the service of others.
- ASID Minnesota Chapter: People Serving People – The ASID Minnesota Chapter designed a classroom space for children who reside at a homeless shelter to get help with homework, do arts and crafts, read with volunteers, and have group meetings.
Recognizes individual members for their contributions to ASID. This award is limited to past ASID Society-level chairs and other professional members who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Lisa Henry, FASID (ASID Colorado Chapter)
- Barbara Marini, Ph.D., FASID, IDEC (ASID Florida West Coast Chapter)
- Bernadette Upton, FASID, LEED AP BD+C, CAPS, RID (ASID Florida South Chapter)
- Donna P. Vining, FASID, RID, CAPS (ASID Texas Gulf Coast Chapter)
Recipients will be honored during the ASID State of the Society address on July 20, at the Washington Marriott Marquis in Washington, D.C. The State of the Society address is held in conjunction with The Leadership Experience: Presented by ASID.
Be the first to comment on "ASID Announces 2018 National Honors Recipients"