The American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) announces its call for entries for the 2016 Professional and Student Awards, a juried landscape architecture competition.
Each year, the ASLA Professional Awards honor the best in landscape architecture from around the globe, while the ASLA Student Awards give us a glimpse into the future of the profession.
Entry payments and submissions must be submitted online on the Call for Entries page on the ASLA website. Go to the Begin Your Submission page to start the entry process.
Award-winning submissions will be featured in the October issue of Landscape Architecture Magazine and in many other design and construction industry and general-interest media. Award recipients, their clients and student advisors also will be honored at the awards presentation ceremony during the ASLA Annual Meeting and EXPO in New Orleans, Oct. 21-24, 2016. Award-winning submissions will also be featured in a video presentation at the ceremony and on the awards website following the event.
The prestige of the ASLA awards programs relies on the high-caliber juries that are convened each year to review submissions. Members of this year’s professional awards jury are:
- Kona Gray, ASLA, Chair, EDSA, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Keith Bowers, FASLA, Biohabitats Inc. Baltimore
- Jennifer Guthrie, FASLA, Gustafson Guthrie Nichol, Seattle
- Mami Hara, ASLA, Philadelphia Water Department, Philadelphia
- Christopher Hume, Architecture Critic, Toronto Star, Toronto, Ontario
- Lee-Anne Milburn, FASLA, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Calif.
- Willett Moss, ASLA, CMG Landscape Architecture, San Francisco
- Suman Sorg, FAIA, DLR Group | Sorg, Washington, D.C.
- Laurinda Spear, ASLA, ArquitectonicaGEO, Miami
Joining the jury for the selection of the Research Category will be representatives on behalf of the Landscape Architecture Foundation (LAF) and the Council of Educators in Landscape Architecture (CELA).
Members of the student awards jury are:
- Laura Solano, ASLA, Chair, Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates Inc., Cambridge, Mass.
- Ned Crankshaw, ASLA, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Terrence DeWan, FASLA, Terrence J. DeWan & Associates, Yarmouth, Maine
- Janelle Johnson, ASLA, Hoerr Schaudt Landscape Architects, Evanston, Ill.
- Roger Lewis, FAIA, Peace Corps Commemorative Foundation, Washington, D.C.
- Elizabeth Miller, FASLA, National Capital Planning Commission, Washington, D.C.
- Forster Ndubisi, FASLA, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Trinity Simons, Mayor’s Institute on City Design, Washington, D.C.
- Barbara Swift, FASLA, Swift & Co. Landscape Architects, Seattle
Both the ASLA Professional and Student awards feature five categories:
- General Design
- Residential Design
- Analysis and Planning
The Professional Awards also include The Landmark Award, while the Student Awards include the Student Community Service Award and Student Collaboration categories.
Entry submissions and payment must be received by:
- March 18, 2016 for ASLA Professional Awards
- May 13, 2016 for ASLA Student Awards
Be the first to comment on "ASLA Announces Call for Entries for the Professional and Student Awards"