The ASTM International roofing and waterproofing committee (D08) is sponsoring the Ninth Symposium on Roofing Research and Standards Development, Dec. 8, 2019, at the Marriott Marquis Houston, in Texas. The symposium will take place in conjunction with the December standards development meetings of the committee.
The symposium provides a forum for contributing to the fundamental understanding of acceptable roof performance, with the primary emphasis being current research and development work. The program will center on the influence of both laboratory and field investigations in the development of standards for roofing and waterproofing materials and systems.
The symposium is intended to address topics describing research and standards development for both low-sloped and steep roofing systems, including:
- Polymer-modified and conventional built-up bituminous roofing
- Synthetic single-ply roofing systems
- Self-adhesive membrane roofing
- Liquid-applied membrane roofing
- Spray polyurethane foam roofing systems
- Metal roofing systems
- Roof edge systems
- Wind and fire resistance
- Moisture in concrete roofing systems
- Thermal performance and energy-efficient roofing
- Roofing retrofit
- Advances in waterproofing and more
Online registration is now open and closes Dec. 4, 2019. For more information, please visit online.