BACnet International has announced the results of its Board of Directors elections. The board consists of 10 members, including two executives new to the BACnet International board. The new members are Paul L. Bartunek, III, vice president of commercial sales and marketing, ABB Drives USA, and James Burke, vice president and general manager of building automation systems, Johnson Controls. The board of BACnet International will continue to focus on expanding the use of the BACnet building automation protocol.
With over 25 years of experience in the electronic manufacturing industry and a history of successful relationship building, Paul Bartunek is a skilled development professional. In his role, Bartunek leads sales and marketing initiatives for the commercial family of variable frequency drive products. He has impact with mergers and acquisitions, new product development, team building, and creating energy efficient solutions for customers.
James Burke has been with Johnson Controls for more than 15 years, establishing a track record of success with positions of increasing responsibility throughout his tenure. In his current role as vice president and general manager of building automation systems, Burke is responsible for growing the building automation systems business globally. He oversees the product lifecycle through the development of a product roadmap and execution of the product strategy for the Metasys, Facility Explorer, BCPro and Verasys platforms.
Batunek and Burke join the following individuals who will serve on the 2019 BACnet International Board of Directors:
- Andy McMillan, president & managing director, BACnet International
- Brad Hill, global director of project management, Honeywell Building Technologies
- Raj Jayaraman, president, Burton Medical (Chairman of the Board)
- Erica Johnson, chief operating officer, QA Cafe
- Raymond Rae, co-founder and active principal, CopperTree Analytics
- Nancy Stein, business excellence manager, Siemens Industry Inc.
- Dennis Swoboda, vice president, sales and marketing, Blue Ridge Technologies
- Michael R. Wilson, product marketing and sales operations manager, Automated Logic