Already, Vectorworks Architect software provides designers with the flexibly to design in 2D or 3D. Built-in BIM capabilities offer added functionality to streamline costs, analyze materials and increase energy efficiency while staying true to a design concept. New capabilities premiering in the release of Architect include:
- Marionette: As the first and only cross-platform graphical scripting environment available in a BIM authoring tool, Marionette lets Vectorworks Architect users create complex design variations and intelligent parametric objects in a Python-based environment.
- Energos: Vectorworks Architect users can make critical performance decisions based on real-time feedback directly in their models with Energos, the only BIM authoring tool that uses the highly respected Passivhaus calculation method to create building energy use analysis results.
- Project Sharing: Design teams will be able to work concurrently in the same Vectorworks file using a multi-user environment to streamline project workflows, enhance collaboration and document designs.
Vectorworks Cloud Services 3.5 continues to help users share files and make design decisions from any location. Changes to a Vectorworks file automatically synchronize to designers’ private cloud storage, allowing them to browse, mark up and share their latest designs from any web-enabled device. With 3.5, designers can now:
- Utilize independently controlled settings for file upload and file processing. New settings are cloud server-based, so users can set the frequency and time of day for automatic processing and uploading of PDFs to the cloud, representing the latest version of a design.
- Be notified of features and service updates through a new Announcements tab.
- Benefit from a more stable and up-to-date experience because updated cloud servers now run Vectorworks 2015 Service Pack 3.
- Gain more control over 3D views of the model with new layer visibility settings in the Vectorworks Nomad mobile app.
Cloud Services 3.5 is exclusive to Vectorworks Service Select members, but all Vectorworks users can take advantage of the Vectorworks Remote App, which allows designers to use their mobile device like a remote to view, navigate and present designs without having to be at their desktops. The new Remote 1.1 marks the first release of Vectorworks Remote on Android, and it is available in English.