The Concrete Industry Management (CIM) program—a business intensive program that awards students with a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Concrete Industry Management—is pleased to announce the donation of an Extreme Duty 10.5-yard High Performance mixer for the annual auction at World of Concrete.
The Extreme Duty 10.5-yard set back mixer is equipped as follows:
- 1/4 AR steel drum shell with 1/4-inch AR 200 formed head with AR reinforcing plate and head fin reinforcing plates
- Single bolt-on access hatch
- 1/4 fins with 5/16 AR mixing fins, AR steel doubled fin lip
- Machined, solid roller track adds superior strength; eliminates cracked tracks and welds
- 46-inch discharge opening with bolt-on anti-surge fins
- High performance PMP planetary drive with peak torque rating of 52,000 ft/lbs.
- Backed by PMP 5 year/8,000 hour limited warranty
- Eaton RE heavy duty 54 series variable displacement pump with manual override
- Eaton heavy duty motor with 10 micron filter
- Limited 5-year warranty
- 13-gallon oil reservoir provides greater heat rejection and better thermal protection
- Premium American made, adjustable, induction hardened special alloy rollers
- Bearings provided with remote grease zirks for ease of maintenance and operator safety
- Large, high-performance design, fast-charge HP wide charge hopper
- Reinforced for longer service life and hinged for use with the optional tip-up feature.
- Rear fold-down ladder with non-skid, self-cleaning ladder rungs and large side grip bars
- Large, non-skid work platform with safety hand guard rail at top
- Double-acting (power up/ power down) 2.5-inch diameter chute lift cylinder to improve operator efficiency and cushion chute bounce during road travel.
- Con-Tech chute lift block uses Eaton valves with field proven environmentally sealed Deutsch connectors.
- Fully welded and capped main, fold over, and (3) 48-inch extension chutes come standard
- Main chute mounting uses solid thru shaft with larger bushings for improved wear life.
- 125-gallon steel side mount water tank with high pressure relief valve
- Simplified, 2 position fill/exhaust, anodized aluminum control block, top fill flopper valve, sight gauge/gallon marker
- 1-inch rear water injection line and 25-foot wash down hose with pistol grip spray nozzle
Lighting & Electrical:
- Marker lights are sealed LED with 2-pin connector
- Upper clearance 3 LED lamp, light bar on charge hopper
- Standardized labeled wiring harness with sealed Deutsch connectors
Controls & Revolution Counter:
- In-cab control box with drum counter and drum rotation controls
- Rear mixer controls are cable with a one-piece cast aluminum control box and toggle switches
- 3-piece, reinforced tandem steel fender design with recessed, sealed LED lighting
- Heavy rubber mud flaps front and rear
Steel Prep & Painting:
- All mixer components are steel shot blasted, then primed with Axalta Coating Systems Zinc Enhanced 1000-plus hour salt spray tested, two-component polyurethane primer
- Mixers are finished with Axalta high solid content finish coat. All pedestals triple primer coated and painted before and after assembly.
Safety, Decals & Alarms:
- Back-up alarm, full LED lighting, remote roller greasing, safety cage, safety decals (dual language) for water, rollers, ladder, chutes and load, confined space
“We are pleased to have this outstanding donation from Con-Tech Manufacturing,” says Ben Robuck, CIM Auction Committee Chair. “This mixer will go a long way to help us achieve our fundraising goal. We are proud to have Con-Tech included in our list of major CIM auction donors and, with this donation, we have the potential for our greatest auction ever.”
The annual auction will be held Wednesday, Jan. 19 in the West Hall Room W106 of the Las Vegas Convention Center. The silent auction will be held from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. and the live auction begins at 1 p.m. Once again this year, Internet bidding will be available on the Ritchie Bros. website. To participate in electronic auction bidding, bidders must register a week in advance. Those participating in the auction at World of Concrete can register on-site. View a full list of items. Those interested in making a donation should contact CIM Auction Committee Chairman Ben Robuck at (404) 456-6867.