Honeywell has announced the availability of a full digital toolset, designed to help air conditioning and refrigeration customers select and implement the right refrigerant for their application.
Honeywell’s suite of apps, digital calculators and software examine performance, energy efficiency and emissions to help refrigerant customers select and implement the best refrigerants that comply with applicable regulations and provide required performance-in-use. Featured digital tools include:
- Honeywell Pressure-Temperature Chart: HVAC mechanics have a different option when it comes to the standard paper pressure-temperature (PT) chart they currently carry. This app provides a display in which users can select a refrigerant and get all of the data they need to perform their tasks in the field.
- Refrigerant Selection Tool: With this app, customers can review available refrigerants that replace those being phased out by regulation, and make comparisons on important criteria to help make the best decision for their needs. The built-in calculator also helps customers determine how much new refrigerant is needed to replace the old.
- Genetron Properties Refrigerants Modeling Software: Customers can simulate their systems with this software, size line for all refrigerants, build custom pressure temperature charts and more. The results can be downloaded to Microsoft Excel for reporting, and allows for comparison of the performance of multiple refrigerants across manufacturers.
- Genetron Performax LT vs. R?407A Supermarket Retrofit Savings Calculator: Customers can use this online calculator, customized to their location, to compare the differences in energy consumption, annual energy savings and payback time between Honeywell Genetron Performax LT (R-407F) and R?407A.
- Solstice N40 vs. R?404A Supermarket Retrofit Savings Calculator: Customers can use this online calculator, customized to their location, to compare the differences in energy consumption, annual energy savings, carbon dioxide emission savings and payback time between Honeywell Solstice N40 (R?448A) and R?404A.
Honeywell develops, manufactures and supplies refrigerant that is sold worldwide under the Solstice and Genetron brand names for a range of applications, including refrigeration, building and automobile air conditioning. Honeywell and its suppliers are in the middle of a $900 million investment program in R&D and new capacity based on Honeywell’s hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) technology, which helps customers lower their carbon footprint without sacrificing end-product performance.