The new PWRX long-life battery system is built to last for 10 years, assuming 4,000 flushes per month. Lasting 2.5 times longer than standard batteries, this engineered power pack combines advanced lithium battery chemistry with supercapacitors and other electronics to extend the battery life. This option reduces the maintenance cost associated with changing batteries. For additional protection, the battery pack includes safety circuitry to prevent overheating in case of a short circuit, protecting the electronics from damage.
Existing power options for Selectronic flush valves are a standard CR-P2 lithium battery, as well as hard-wired AC. All Selectronic flush valves include these convenient, cost-saving features:
- Self-cleaning piston containing an integral wiper spring that cleans the refill orifice with every flush to prevent valve run-on and reduce clogging and maintenance.
- Manufactured from dezincification-resistant semi-red brass—a high copper, low zinc alloy—to resist corrosion in harsh water conditions.
- Fully mechanical manual override that can flush the valve without power.
- A redesigned tailpiece that allows for a shorter rough-in with a range of 4 1/4 to 5 1/4 inches.
- An angled sensor is designed to eliminate ghost flushing and double flushing caused by reflections.
Engineered systems from American Standard combine fixtures and flush valves that are hydraulically matched to deliver the best performance with the least amount of water. The American Standard 1.1 gallons per flush (gpf) flushometer toilet systems deliver 31 percent water savings compared to a standard 1.6 gpf toilet and a 14 percent savings over high efficiency 1.28 gpf flush valves. The company’s 1.1 gpf Madera and Afwall Millennium flushometer toilet systems achieve the maximum 1,000-gram score in Maximum Performance Testing (MaP), an independent report of toilet bulk removal performance. The new PWRX long-life battery system, like all Selectronic flush valves, is covered by a five-year limited warranty.
Be the first to comment on "Hands-free Flush Valves Offer Longer Battery Life"