ASHRAE’s Chapter Technology Transfer Committee (CTTC) has announced a call for three presenters to share knowledge about the future of refrigeration in its 2019 ASHRAE Webcast.
The theme of the webcast, “The Future of Refrigerants in Unitary and VRF (Variable Refrigerant Flow) Systems,” examines the world’s most prolific air-conditioning system configurations and how those systems will adapt to worldwide regulatory restrictions and corresponding advancements in refrigerant technology.
“We are seeking presenters to offer insight into how the refrigerant industry will meet the needs of installed packaged and split system air conditioners, and specifically VRF systems.” says Steve Piccolo, chair of the CTTC Webcast Ad Hoc Committee. “The information in the webcast will also provide viewers a glimpse into future trends in DX air conditioning [including VRF] equipment design, performance and application.”
Presenters must be able to commit to the following schedule:
- August 2018: CTTC Webcast Ad Hoc Committee 1-Day Planning Meeting at ASHRAE Headquarters to determine the Webcast program and production schedule
- September 2018: Presenters prepare Presentation Outlines
- October 2018: Presenters prepare Draft Scripts & Graphics
- November through December 2018: Peer Review of Draft Scripts by Volunteer Panel and Ad Hoc Committee
- December 2018 through February 2019: Presenters prepare and coordinate Final Drafts (Scripts and Graphics)
- February 2019: Final Graphics & Scripts prepared by Presenters & Graphics Editor
- March 2019: Rehearsal & Pre-taping of Presentations, Multi-day meeting in Atlanta
- April 2019: Rehearsal & Live Webcast, Multi-day meeting in Atlanta
The deadline to submit webcast presentation materials for consideration is April 9. For questions and to submit presentation materials for consideration, email [email protected].
The 2018 ASHRAE Webcast will broadcast live on April 19, 2018, from 1-4 p.m. EDT and is available to registrants on demand from April 20 – May 4, 2018. Register now.