Lumileds Is Operating as an Independent Company

Lumileds has announced that funds affiliated with Apollo Global Management LLC (together with its subsidiaries, Apollo) and Royal Philips completed their previously disclosed transaction, resulting in Lumileds operating as an independent company. Lumileds develops lighting solutions for the automotive, mobile, IoT and illumination segments, enabling customers to push the boundaries of light.

Last year Apollo and Philips agreed to a transaction where Philips would sell 80.1 percent interest in Lumileds to certain funds managed by Apollo and retain the remaining 19.9 percent interest in the company. Apollo is a global alternative investment manager with assets under management of approximately $197 billion in private equity, credit and real estate funds, invested across a core group of nine industries, where Apollo has knowledge and resources.

“We are fortunate to have Apollo and Philips’ support as Lumileds embarks upon our next chapter as an innovator of LEDs and a leader in lighting solutions,” says Mark Adams, CEO of Lumileds.

Lumileds develops, manufactures and distributes LED technology and advanced lighting products, employing over 9,000 team members with operations in over 32 countries.

“Lumileds has over 100 years of innovation as a pioneer in the lighting industry,” says Robert Seminara, senior partner at Apollo. “We look forward to working with the Lumileds Team in support of what we believe will be a very successful future.”

Be the first to comment on "Lumileds Is Operating as an Independent Company"

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: