The Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA) elected the 2018 Board of Directors at its Annual Meeting in Charlotte, N.C. The 2018 Board members are:
- Dave Koubek, Chairman, Chief Buildings
- Ron Ambrosius, Vice Chairman, Inland Building Systems
- Brad Curtis, Immediate Past Chairman, Tyler Building Systems L.P.
- Steve Browning, Vulcan Steel Structures Inc.
- Steve Campbell, CBC Steel Buildings
- Bill Coleman, NCI Building Systems Inc.
- Tom Gilligan, Butler Manufacturing
- Brad Robeson, Behlen Building Systems
- Steve Sukup, Sukup Manufacturing Co.
- Kathleen Tell, Tell Manufacturing
- Robert Tiffin, Silvercote LLC
“I look forward to serving as the next chairman of the Metal Building Manufacturers Association,” says Dave Koubek of Chief Buildings, located in Grand Island, Neb. “With so many dedicated people and member companies, 2018 should be another great year for the association as we provide leadership, research and education for the metal building industry.”
“2017 was a strong year for us as we continued to add new members and grow as an organization,” notes Dan Walker, associate general manager of MBMA. “2018 will see a continuation of our research and education initiatives. With the leadership of the board, MBMA will continue to serve as the voice of the metal building industry through its research, working in the codes and standards, and its outreach programs.”
Through its various committees, MBMA and its members work to ensure continued excellence in a number of areas in the metal building industry, including quality assurance, engineering, energy, fire protection, safety and sustainability. MBMA members contribute untold hours of service each year to help make metal building systems the choice for low-rise commercial buildings. MBMA also collaborates with the International Accreditation Service (IAS) on the industry’s AC472 quality assurance program, ensuring a standard of excellence for all companies that have earned accreditation.