The Metal Construction Association (MCA) announced nine companies have become new members of the association. These new members join more than 90 other manufacturers and suppliers dedicated to expanding and developing the metal construction industry through MCA. The new MCA members are:
- Covertite Eastern Ltd., a commercial and roofing contractor that has operated in Eastern Ontario and Quebec for over 65 years.
- Alcotex Inc., a provider of standard polyethylene and fire-rated core aluminum composite material headquartered in London, Ontario, since 2001.
- Architectural Metal Designs Inc., a fabricator of aluminum composite wall panel systems since 2006 with added services in the areas of shop drawings, design assistance, training and technical support.
- K-CON Inc., a design-build general contractor in North Charleston, S.C., offering turn-key construction and renovation/up-fit services, engineering, site preparation & installation.
- Building Envelope Services LLC, a general contracting company in Albuquerque, N.M., that specializes in commercial, cladding and waterproofing.
- Rua and Son Mechanical Inc. of Rocklin, Calif., a designer, fabricator and installer of metal roof and wall systems for over 25 years.
- Certain Teed Corp., a brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing; siding; fence; decking; railing; trim; insulation; gypsum and ceilings with facilities throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- US Roofing Systems, based in Denver, Colo., a licensed general contractor specializing in the installation of commercial roofs, metal roofs and steep slope roofs.
- Maillis Strapping Systems of Fountain Inn, S.C., a manufacturer and provider of application solutions for strapping, tools, and overall product securement.
“Maillis Strapping joined the MCA to provide load securement to the metal construction industry using plastic or steel strapping. We are always trying to build our network within our main industries. Our plan is to find great partnerships within the MCA group,” says Chris Smith, midwest securement specialist at Maillis Strapping.
MCA member companies benefit from participation in association activities and connections made between suppliers and industry leaders in the areas of research, codes and standards, market development, and technical programs. The association works to increase the use of metal materials in construction by educating the building and design communities about the benefits of metal.
“Our industry is involved in a number of complex issues that continue to evolve. Joining the MCA allows us to have additional insight as well as direct input into determining solutions for these issues,” says Dennis McKellar, sales manager for Alcotex.
MCA members represent a broad scope of companies including metal roof, wall panel, shingles and coatings manufacturers; coil coaters and metal producers; distributors; equipment and accessories manufacturers; energy insulation system manufacturers; MCM fabricators and contractors.
“We chose to join MCA because they are at the forefront of all things metal. Being a member keeps us informed of products and trends,” says Louie Rua, president of Rua and Son Mechanical.
For more information about membership and the MCA summer meeting, email [email protected]ction.org or visit www.metalconstruction.org.
Be the first to comment on "Nine Companies Become New Members of the Metal Construction Association"