Registration is now open for the 2023 ASHRAE Annual Conference which will take place June 24-28, at the JW Marriott Tampa Water Street in Tampa, Fla. Early bird registration ends April 30.
“ASHRAE’s Annual Conference is the perfect place for built environment professionals to learn new concepts to help improve the design, construction and operation of buildings and systems,” says 2022-23 ASHRAE President Farooq Mehboob, Fellow ASHRAE. “It is always wonderful when our members are able to come together to share experiences and ideas. We look forward to an exciting conference in beautiful Tampa.”
The conference will include tours, social events, award recognitions and a technical program featuring more than 90 sessions on seven conference tracks. Technical sessions will focus on the urgency of addressing the climate crisis, including measures to reduce human impact on the natural environment and strategies for making the built environment more resilient and sustainable.
Conference tracks addressing climate change are as follows:
- Pathway to Net Zero and Decarbonization – Highlights case studies, research, tools, and strategies to reduce carbon impact and achieve net zero energy communities.
- Future Proofing the Built Environment – Focuses on innovative technologies and strategies to reimagine the relationship with the built environment in the wake of weather extremes affected by climate change, as well as energy supply disruptions and shortages, methods of designing, constructing and operating buildings and HVAC&R systems for resilience and sustainability.
- Research Summit – Features active research, and the exchange of research findings, critical to the development of the HVAC&R industry and built environment. The track includes a partnership with ASHRAE’s archival journal, Science and Technology for the Built Environment.
Remaining tracks are:
- Building Automation and Control Systems
- Professional Development and Education
- Fundamentals & Applications
- HVAC&R Systems and Equipment Fundamentals & Applications
The plenary session will feature a keynote presentation from David Dylan Thomas, author of Design for Cognitive Bias and creator and host of The Cognitive Bias Podcast.
During the President’s Luncheon, on Monday, June 26, incoming 2023-24 ASHRAE President Ginger Scoggins, P.E., Fellow ASHRAE, will present her inaugural address and share the Society theme for the coming year, “Challenge Accepted: Tackling the Climate Crisis.” The 2023-24 officers and directors will also be installed.
ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) will offer full-day seminars and half-day courses and ASHRAE certification exams will be administered during the week. The Society will conduct business, committee and technical meetings in the weeks leading up to, and during the conference.
For complete information and registration for the 2023 ASHRAE Annual Conference, visit ashrae.org/2023Annual.
Be the first to comment on "Registration Is Open for 2023 ASHRAE Annual Conference"