Registration is now open for METALCON 2022, the only global event dedicated exclusively to the application of metal in design and construction. This year’s conference and tradeshow takes place at the Indiana Convention Center from Wednesday, Oct. 12 – Friday, Oct. 14, 2022, with pre-show workshops beginning on Tuesday, Oct. 11.
Home to the most famous race in motorsports, the Indy 500, METALCON 2022 will “roar” into Indianapolis (Indy) for the first time in the show’s more than 30-year history.
Jeff Irwin, executive director of the Metal Construction Association’s (MCA) Insulated Metal Panel Alliance and active association member for 25-plus years, believes this Midwest city is poised to attract attendees from several major construction markets.
“Located in the heart of America, Indianapolis is within 750 square miles of 75 percent of the manufacturing distribution space in the U.S.?a great pull for contractors, architects, building owners, manufacturers and suppliers,” Irwin says. “From Buffalo west to Chicago and Nashville south, not to mention Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Detroit, it’s an easy drive from major cities throughout the Midwest.”
Over three days, attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Connect with 200-plus exhibiting companies showcasing a variety of metal construction and design equipment, products, services and solutions
- Receive top-notch education from industry experts and influencers presenting the latestadvances, innovations and best practices in metal construction
- Earn continuing education credits
- Discover the newest and most innovative advancements in metal construction
- Explore revolutionary products, techniques and applications
- Network among the largest annual gathering of the metal construction industry
NEW for 2022—the Metal Building Marketplace; NRCA ProCertification Metal Panel Roof Systems Hands-on Performance Exams; and the MCA Awards. Making a return this year—The Architect’s Experience; IMP Pavilion; the METALCON Top Products Awards; and more networking opportunities than ever.
“We are excited to host METALCON in Indianapolis this year,” says Judy Geller, METALCON show director. “It is a very attractive city for conventions. The Indiana Convention Center is connected to more downtown hotel rooms than any other city in the nation, making it convenient for convention-goers to access meeting space, restaurants, the downtown shopping mall and hotels, without even stepping outside, not to mention the city’s walkability, affordability and its central location.”