Registration is now open for the 2020 Spring online instructor-led course series from ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI). The 11 online offerings, including three new courses, run from April through June.
The new course “Principles of Building Commissioning: ASHRAE Guideline 0 and Standard 202,” taking place on April 20, explores the implications of employing the ASHRAE commissioning process during the acquisition of a building. The course references ASHRAE Guideline 0, “The Commissioning Process,” and ASHRAE/IES Standard 202, “Commissioning Process for Buildings and Systems”.
V in HVAC – What, Why, Where, How and How Much, scheduled for May 14, teaches the basics of the ventilation and provides the current concepts behind the new ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2019, “Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality”. This new course covers the scope, application, and multiple compliance paths available in the standard, including the ventilation rate procedure, indoor air quality procedure, and natural ventilation procedure.
Based on the “ASHRAE Cold-Climate Building Design Guide,” the course Designing for Cold Climates, offered on June 2, enables engineers to develop design strategies and solutions that can be successfully applied in cold climates. The course covers health and safety in cold climates and how to achieve energy-efficient and net zero design in these environments.
The following is the full schedule of online instructor-led course offerings:
- April 21, 2020: New! Principles of Building Commissioning: ASHRAE Guideline 0 and Standard 202
- April 23, 2020: Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Applications: Best Practices (Energy Saving Practices)
- April 30, 2020: Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Applications
- May 5, 2020: Updated!Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS)
- May 7, 2020: Solar PV and Thermal Systems Analysis and Design
- May 13, 2020: Designing and Operating High-Performing Healthcare HVAC Systems
- May 14, 2020: New! V in HVAC – What, Why, Where, How, and How Much
- May 21, 2020: Humidity Control I: Design Tips and Traps IAQ Practices
- May 26, 2020: Updated! Save 40% by Complying with Standard 90.1-2019
- June 2, 2020: New! Designing for Cold Climates
- June 9, 2020: Successfully Managing the Risk of Legionellosis Using ASHRAE Standard 188