Saint-Gobain North America has been recognized with three Stevie Awards in the 21st annual American Business Awards. Specifically, the company was honored with two silver Stevies in the categories of Achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility and Achievement in Environment, Social, and Governance, and a bronze Stevie in the category of Achievement in Human Resources.
The American Business Awards are the U.S.A.’s premier business awards program. All organizations operating in the U.S.A. are eligible to submit nominations – public and private, for-profit and non-profit, large and small.
“To be recognized by the American Business Awards is an incredible honor that highlights the fantastic work our team at Saint-Gobain North America is doing every single day to make a difference for our employees and the communities we serve,” says Magda Dexter, senior vice president for Human Resources and Communications at Saint-Gobain North America. “Congratulations to our philanthropy, ESG and human resource teams for your Stevie awards and a sincere thank you for your outstanding work to live up to our purpose of Making the World a Better Home.”
The awards presented to Saint-Gobain North America include:
- Silver Stevie Award® for Achievement in Corporate Social Responsibility: Saint-Gobain North America was recognized for its Sustaining Futures, Raising Communities philanthropy program, which focused on creating and transforming educational spaces in Georgia, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. Through the program, the company donated $250,000 of its building products and materials solutions to twelve schools, transforming educational spaces and ensuring classrooms are well-equipped, comfortable, and sustainable environments.
- Silver Stevie Award® for Achievement in Environment, Social, and Governance: Saint-Gobain North America has been recognized for its commitment to sustainability and its work to reduce waste and increase the circularity of raw materials in its production processes. Over the last year, the company has undertaken several ambitious projects to advance its goal to achieve a net zero carbon footprint by 2050, including equipment upgrades to make its Montreal gypsum plant the first zero-carbon manufacturing site for wallboard in North America.
- Bronze Stevie Award® for Achievement in Human Resources: Saint-Gobain North America has been recognized for its work to reinvigorate its Employee Value Proposition, a strategic initiative to better position the company as a place for personal and professional growth. This was accomplished through an extensive discovery process and resulted in the implementation of a Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration Recognition Program and several new benefits such as offering hybrid and flexible work schedules, childcare resources, and a robust parental leave policy.
This recognition from the American Business Awards is the latest Saint-Gobain North America has received in recent months for its commitment to Making the World a Better Home.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its purpose of making the world a better home. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website.