Phifer specializes in the manufacture of shade fabrics and screen meshes designed to provide sun and insect protection.
Interior Sun Control Fabrics:
- The SheerWeave Style 5000 line of designer window shade fabrics has added 16 patterns that were previously only available through sourcing. With market appeal across key channels, these Style 5000 offerings are in stock and being offered in a 98-inch width. The Style 5000 line combines textured yarns and patterns for a shading fabric with all of the performance features of traditional sun control fabrics.
- SheerWeave Styles 7600 blackout and 7650 light-filtering fabrics feature a linen pattern and are available in nine color options. Style 7600 has an acrylic foamed backing for light blockage. Style 7650 is a complementary range that uses the face fabric of Style 7600, providing privacy while allowing the function and beauty of natural light.
- With a face of subtle texture, emulating the look of natural fibers, and a foamed backing, SheerWeave Style 7400 joins a growing range of blackout fabrics from Phifer. Style 7400 is GREENGUARD Certified, PVC-free and flame retardant for commercial use. Style 7450 is a range of light-filtering fabrics that uses the face fabric of Style 7400 to provide privacy while allowing the function and beauty of natural light. With its texture, these fabrics provide an option to meet your light-filtering needs.
- SheerWeave Style 8000 is Cradle to Cradle Certified Bronze and features a 2×2 basketweave, which provides dimensional stability and enhances outward visibility. Constructed from 100 percent polyester, Style 8000 is available in 118-inch widths to maximize fabrication efficiency. Lightweight yet strong, this fabric is available in a 3 percent openness factor and 7 neutral colors to complement any décor. The solar heat reduction in Style 8000’s dark color selections is improved over traditional sun control fabrics.
- The Phifer BetterVue EliteScreen combines the mechanical characteristics of stiff EliteScreen with smaller yarns, tighter mesh and non-glare finish for a screen that provides improved visibility, air flow and insect protection.
- Aluminum Mesh for Tiny Insects is a wire mesh with a tighter weave construction than standard aluminum screening designed to provide protection from insects, such as gnats, black flies and no-see-ums. This mesh provides visibility and is ideal for window, door and screen porch applications.
- UltraVue Excellent Visibility Insect Screen (eVis) from Phifer is the total screening package, improved daylighting, ventilation and protection from disease-carrying insects. UltraVue is ideal for windows where the focus is all about the view. UltraVue improves daylighting by providing 25 percent more optical clarity for an outward view. And with 15 percent more openness over conventional insect screening, UltraVue provides 25 percent better airflow for ventilation.
- Carbon has been added to the SunTex 95 exterior sun control fabric family, joining the current range of eight neutral color options in this fabric collection designed for exterior roller shade applications. Made from vinyl-coated polyester, SunTex 95 is a full basketweave that blocks approximately 95 percent of the sun’s hot rays for a more comfortable outdoor environment. By reducing the sun’s penetration to interior rooms, these shades can lower cooling demand and reduce energy consumption.
To view the commercial- and residential-approved fabrics for interior and exterior applications from Phifer, call (205) 345-2120 or visit the company website.