The field-adjustable retrofit kit solution contains Lutron dimming ballasts with pre-wired leads; a Lutron wireless control (Powpak controller); and optional rapid-start sockets, which allow any T12, T8, or T5 fluorescent fixture to be converted into a wireless solution.
Once installed, the fixture can communicate with Lutron’s Radio Powr Savr occupancy sensors to adjust light levels. The Radio Powr Savr sensor immediately detects when someone enters the stairwell. The sensor then sends a signal to the Lutron Powpak controller via Lutron’s Clear Connect RF technology, which illuminates the stairwell at the preset occupied (high end) level. When the person leaves the stairwell, the sensor sends a signal to the wireless control at the preset timeout which dims the light to the preset unoccupied (low end) level.
The Lutron Stairwell Retrofit Kit Solution provides numerous benefits:
- Energy savings: the ability to save more than 70 percent lighting energy
- High-end trim reduces light levels when the stairwell is occupied
- Occupancy sensing lowers light levels when the stairway is unoccupied
- High return on investment: payback as low as 3.5 years; utility rebates available in most locations
- Flexibility: assign multiple fixtures to a single occupancy sensor and assign multiple occupancy sensors to a single fixture
- Meets ASHRAE 90.1 2010, Additional Control (220.127.116.11), and IgCC, Interior Light Reduction Controls (609.3)
Be the first to comment on "Stairwell Retrofit Kit Saves Energy and Meets Safety Requirements"