Tripp Lite, a manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, has made it practical to provide AC outlets and USB charging ports for multiple users in meeting rooms and shared workspaces. The two Protect It! surge protectors are portable home and office solutions with placement flexibility.
The surge protectors place outlets and charging ports at desk level, reducing reliance on wall outlets or power strips on the floor. As portable solutions, the surge protectors allow meetings to move beyond conference rooms that have built-in power boxes. Any table with access to a single wall outlet can become a conference table, allowing attendees to plug in laptops and other mobile devices.
The U-shaped model, the TLP648USBC, has a spring-loaded clamp to fit surfaces up to 2.5 inches thick, including desks, tables and cubicle partitions. This surge protector has six NEMA 5-15R outlets, two USB-A charging ports (4.8A shared) and a USB-C charging port (3A) in a space-saving configuration.
The power cube model, the TLP366CUBEUSBB, has a compact three-inch cube form factor with a removable USB wall charger. The base has three NEMA 5-15R outlets and two USB-A ports (2.4A shared). The removable wall charger has four USB-A ports (4.8A shared) and its NEMA 1-15P input plug connects to the top outlet on the base. Ideal for mobile applications, the wall charger can be used separately from the base with any compatible wall outlet.
Key Features of Tripp Lite’s Portable Desktop Surge Protectors with USB Charging:
- AC outlets and USB charging ports are at desk/table level for access to power
- Models move with ease and reposition as needs change
- TLP648USBC has a spring-loaded clamp for mounting on surfaces up to 2.5 inches thick
- TLP366CUBEUSBB power cube has a removable USB wall charger
- LED confirms equipment is protected from power surges and spikes
- Automatic shutoff cuts power to equipment if the protection circuit is incapacitated
- Long pivoting power cord allows flexibility in placement
- $50,000 connected equipment insurance and lifetime limited warranty