Building owners are adapting to the recent trends in lighting fixtures, especially LED-based solid-state lighting, which is forecasted for rapid growth. This dimmer enables simple control of forward-phase or reverse-phase load types, such as LED, providing dealers with the flexibility to adapt to owners’ varying lighting and dimming needs without costly electrical and programming changes.
UDS is powered by the local line feed and replaces a standard high voltage wall switch. It is ideal for demanding lighting control projects, from new construction to remodel or retrofit, and allows for incremental expansion to accommodate almost any design or budget. It also supports energy and safety guidelines including California Title 24 and the extension of NEMA 2016-SSL7A.
UDS features and benefits include alleviating flicker, wiring, and power quality challenges, along with:
- Load and fixture agnostic (forward or reverse phase)
- Available in wired and wireless applications via proprietary two-wire station bus (WireLink) or wireless system (RadioLink)
Simplifying Programming and Installation:
- Ships in Auto Mode which automatically selects the phase for best load performance
- Simplified programming, commissioning, and reporting via Design Center software
- Upgradeable firmware support
Improving End-User Experience and Ambiance:
- Continuous dimming to 1 percent dim value over long ramp/fade times (8K dimming steps)
- Improved side fire backlighting feature with no hot spots on engraved keys
- Designed with Air Gap Switch for installation ease and reduced light bleed