Bird Home Automation GmbH announced that the DoorBird Video Doorbell, the smartphone-connected doorbell and video entry system, is entering the North and South American market. As part of its strategic development DoorBird opened its first San Francisco office in August. From there, the team of the high-quality WiFi doorbell system DoorBird with its add-on camera BirdGuard will mainly focus on market growth through creating new partnerships.
The “Always Home” system means visitors can be viewed and spoken to on any iOS or Android device, over Wi-Fi or remotely over 3G/4G. The video image is streamed to the smart device, whether at home or anywhere in the world. Users can then see and speak to the visitor from anywhere. DoorBird uses adaptive video speeds to ensure streaming doesn’t impact the two-way voice conversation.
If used with an electronic lock, DoorBird users can unlock the door remotely. Remote unlocking allows users to grant trusted individuals such as friends, children with lost keys, or deliveries, access to their home.
The DoorBird app can display live video of visitors, even before they ring the bell. The act of ringing the doorbell takes a snapshot of the visitor, whether or not the doorbell is answered. DoorBird always keeps a record of the last 20 callers that can be reviewed later. The ultra wide-angle hemispheric lens, can see 180 degrees, and features infrared night-vision, meaning callers can always be observed, day or night.
A motion sensor that reports any activity in its range means that the DoorBird doubles as an effective security device. BirdGuard add-on security cameras can additionally be employed to provide additional surveillance to cover blind spots or interior hallways. Multiple DoorBird and BirdGuard cameras can work together to serve larger homes with multiple entrances.
The German engineering team at Bird Home Automation has a proven track record of delivering robust, high-end commercial video-entry security systems. The engineering experience gained while working on these systems is key to delivering a consumer installable product that retains the same reliability and quality that commercial users demand.
DoorBird is simple to install without professional help or special tools. It will work with existing electronic locks, door chimes, or on its own as a video-enabled doorbell. It is outdoor ready, and can cope with rain, snow, heat and frost.
DoorBird will be your door to the smart home of the future. Compatibility with other smart home devices, and standards such as Apple’s HomeKit, is planned in future updates. A subscription service offering secure cloud-based video storage will be made available later this year. This will fully comply with the stringent European data security and data privacy laws.
- Easy to install — Mounts in minutes. No professional help or special tools required.
- Wi—Fi connected — Connects via your Wi-Fi network and alternatively via Ethernet cable.
- Rings your smart devices — Pairs with up to eight smartphones or tablets. Listen and talk to visitors using your smart device.
- Visitor history — Secure visitor history with image, date and time.
- HDTV video — The video doorbell features a high-quality HDTV camera for crystal clear live video.
- Multiple connectors — Connects to your existing door chime and electronic lock, gate or garage door opener.
- Motion sensor — Built-in infrared motion sensor for alarms, to prevent burglaries.
- Add—on camera available — Let somebody in the house while checking what they do, or watch external blind spots.
- iOS & Android — Available on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
- Night-vision — Real Night-vision function and Ultra wide-angle hemispheric lens, 180 degrees.
- Outdoor-ready — Rain-, snow-, heat— and frost—proof.*
- German precision and reliability — Designed and engineered in Germany.
International Protection Rating IP54, operating temperature from -4 F, -20 C to 122 F, 50 C