Approximately one year after opening, the Well Living Lab announced its first Alliance Members. Founding Alliance Members of the Well Living Lab include Arup, CBRE Group Inc., IBM, Lendlease, Sino-Ocean Group Holding Limited and View Inc. International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF) and Noaber Foundation have joined as Sustaining Alliance Members and Welspun has joined as a Supporting Alliance Member. The announcement was made at the inaugural Well Living Lab Alliance Summit, bringing together industry leaders in real estate and health and wellness in Rochester, Minn.
A collaboration of Delos and Mayo Clinic, the Well Living Lab is a research facility dedicated to understanding the interaction between health and well-being and indoor environments through human-centered research. The purpose of the lab is to generate evidence-based information through human-centered research that can be used in practical ways to create healthy spaces in which to live, work and play.
“We are excited about the Alliance members that have become part of the Well Living Lab over the past year. This is a community forming around the indoor, built environment and the effect on human health and well-being,” says Brent Bauer. M.D., medical director of the Well Living Lab and director of medicine for Mayo Clinic’s Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program, “New knowledge shows that building healthy indoor environments can preserve and enhance human health and quality of life.”
The Well Living Lab combines the health care expertise and research of Mayo Clinic and the knowledge of health and wellness in the built environment provided by Delos. The living lab leverages and expands upon the principles of the WELL Building Standard (WELL), which focuses on seven concepts relevant to indoor health—air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind. The WELL Building Standard was launched in 2014, is administered by the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI), and third-party certified through Green Business Certification Inc. (GBCI).
Additional information on the Alliance Members’ organizations:
- Arup is a multinational professional services firm providing engineering, design, planning, project management and consulting services for aspects of the built environment.
- CBRE Group Inc. handles management of commercial buildings, with a knowledge base of how buildings are built, sourced, managed, occupied and sold.
- IBM is a technology and innovation company that offers a range of technology and consulting services; a portfolio of middleware for collaboration, predictive analytics, software development and systems management; and servers and supercomputers.
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc. (IFF) is an innovator of sensorial experiences, co-creating products that consumers taste, smell, or feel in fragrances and beauty, detergents and household goods, as well as foods and beverages.
- Lendlease is a property and infrastructure group, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Lendlease’s capabilities span the property value chain including development, project management & construction, asset and property management and investment management.
- Noaber Foundation, based in the Netherlands, focuses on healthcare technology as an enabler of healthier lives for patients and people through vitality, independence from formal care and smart delivery of healthcare.
- Sino-Ocean Group, based in Beijing, has a portfolio of both development and investment properties.
- View Inc. offers intelligent windows that reduce heat and glare. View Dynamic Glass is ideal for energy conscious builders and architects.
- Welspun is a company whose core industries are steel, energy, and textiles.
Opportunities to participate in the lab are available to companies who have an interest in healthy indoor environments for their employees and customers, as well as those whose products and services have the potential to impact indoor environments.
“There is a movement taking hold to make healthy indoor spaces a priority in both residential and commercial real estate,” says Peter Scialla, chief operating officer of Delos and a member of the lab’s joint steering committee. “Building on existing standards which guide developers and manufacturers of products and services toward this goal, the Well Living Lab translates scientific research into solutions for indoor environments that have the potential to enhance human health and quality of life.”
Be the first to comment on "Well Living Lab Announces Alliance Members"