The AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) has announced the full schedule for the 2022 AHR Expo Education Program. The line-up features nearly 200 free seminars, new product and technology presentations, professional certifications and continuing education courses. After a forced hiatus in 2021, the Education Program will serve as an important opportunity for attendees to catch up on what’s happening around the industry.
The 2022 AHR Expo will be held Jan. 31 – Feb. 2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. To register, please visit the AHR Expo registration website.
“The Education Program aims to complement what attendees experience on the Show floor,” says Show Manager Mark Stevens. “Our manufacturers pack the hall with all the latest products and technologies in their exhibits and our speakers build on this in areas that support professional career development, training and updated industry information.”
Each year, the Education Program discusses some of HVACR’s biggest opportunities and challenges through a series of comprehensive, informative and industry-focused sessions hosted by leaders from every sector of the industry. Returning this year are the AHR Expo HVACR trend discussions led by members of the AHR Expo Expert Council. Additionally, added to the roster this year is a panel discussion featuring industry leadership that will dive into the current state of the industry. Panelists include Moderator Bryan Orr, host of the popular HVAC School podcast; Mick Schwedler, president of ASHRAE; Stephen Yurek, president and CEO of AHRI; Talbot Gee, CEO of HARDI; Roberta MacGillivray, 2022 president of NAFA; and Rob Falke, president of NCI. The panel is slated for Tuesday, Feb. 1st at 10:00 AM in room N238/240.
“We are thrilled to open a forum for our industry leaders who represent organizations from every sector of the industry,” continues Stevens. “Our goal is to build a Show that connects people and conversations that aren’t necessarily happening every day and we are honored
that our panelists share this value. Having representation from all our professional sectors come together to discuss the past two years during the pandemic and all that has come of it – both positive and negative- within the industry is an incredibly valuable and necessary tool to achieve the community approach we need to continue strengthening this industry. We’re excited to expand our education program to include the panel discussion and look forward to hearing from these industry leaders at the Show.”
The 2022 Show will feature 65 free sessions led by industry experts put forth by leading organizations. Sessions will range from one to two hours and will aim to deliver solutions to some of the industry’s most pressing challenges and exciting opportunities. Attendees are invited to attend general HVAC-related sessions, as well as those specific to professional practices areas.
“It’s easy to get siloed in the details of daily work,” said Kimberly Pires, AHR Expo education program coordinator. “Working with our associations to build the program affords the opportunity to see the similarities that every professional is facing across the industry. When we build out the program each year we aim to offer not only specific solutions but also identify the commonalities we are all facing and to offer diverse perspectives from all voices that work and serve HVACR. This kind of insight proves valuable as a takeaway for long-term professional growth for both companies and individuals.”
Attendees can view pre-session videos of some of the 2022 Education Program highlights on the AHR Expo homepage education section. Additional highlights for the 2022 AHR Expo’s free seminar session agenda include:
- Candid discussion led by industry experts and leaders of HVACR Associations.
- HVACR State of the Industry Leadership Panel Discussion: Today’s Market, Challenges, Opportunities and What’s Ahead
Join leaders from across the industry as they discuss the state of the HVACR. Moderator Bryan Orr, host of the popular HVAC School podcast, will lead the discussion with Mick Schwedler, President of ASHRAE; Stephen Yurek, President & CEO of AHRI; Talbot Gee, CEO of HARDI; Roberta MacGillivray, 2022 President of NAFA; and Rob Falke, President of NCI. Attendees will gain insight into the current state of affairs concerning all things HVACR in the varying sectors that make up the industry. Topics include the pandemic, supply chain, climate & sustainability, innovation, as well as a deep dive into the most pressing needs, threats and opportunities for HVACR.
General Industry-wide Topics
- How to Be Human in a Technical World so You Can Be More Productive, Happier and Successful
- Set the Scene Looking at the Economic and Market Drivers For the HVAC Market
- Psychrometrics Without Tears… All You Ever Wanted to Know About Air and More!
- Intellectual Property Protections for Your Hottest and Coolest HVACR Innovations
- 5 Essential Soft Skills for Engineer
- Updates to Regulation
- HVAC Duct Construction Standards – Metal & Flexible
- The Industry Transition To A2L Refrigerants: Where Are We and Where Are We Headed?
- 5G Hydronics
- How to Prevent Callbacks and Warranty Returns
- The Lead-Gen & Sales Process Shift in the HVAC Industry
- Specialized Practices
- How to Win at Buzzword Bingo and to Succeed in the Age of AI within the World of HVACR
- High Velocity Low Speed (HVLS) Fans: Updates on COVID Guidance and Federal Energy Regulation
- ASHRAE Sessions – Free (earn PDH credits)
- Thermal and Hydraulic Performance of Low GWP Refrigerants
- The Industry Transition To A2L Refrigerants: Where Are We and Where Are We Headed?
- System Stability and Contaminant Control with Lower GWP Refrigerants
- Decarbonization as it Applies to Appliance & Equipment Standards
- Additional Opportunities to Earn Free PDHs in One Hour Sessions
- Necessity of Filtration on Open Cooling Systems
- Basics of Fan Balance and Vibration
- Field Modifications of Fire, Smoke, and Combination Fire/Smoke Dampers
- AMCA hosted sessions
- Industry Trend
- Smart Women, Smarter Buildings
- Embodied and Whole Life Carbon – The New Metric for HVAC Equipment and Refrigerant
- Role of Boilers in the Age of Decarbonization
- Returning Sessions
- Fundamentals of Cooling Tower Water Treatment
- Managing Employees to Stay
- Building Systems Integration 101: Welcome to the Jungle
AHR Expo attendees have the opportunity to participate in professional development courses through ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) and short courses/professional development seminars approved for Continuing Education Units (CEUs) that can apply toward maintaining P.E. licensure. Attendees are required to register and pay tuition fees in advance of the Show and can do so by visiting the ASHRAE registration website.
Full-day courses account for six earned Professional Development Hours (PDHs)/Learning Units (LUs) or 0.6 CEUs. All half-day courses are awarded three accredited PDHs/AIA LUs. Topics cover a wide range of industry subjects, including the fundamentals of the commissioning process, complying with the requirements of ASHRAE standards, laboratory design basics and beyond, optimizing indoor environments and more.
NEW PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY THEATER PRESENTATIONS
Attendees are also encouraged to sit in on exhibitor presentations in the New Product & Technology Theater. More than 100 presentations lasting approximately 20 minutes each are planned across all three days of the Show. These free seminars are meant to provide attendees with brief overviews of new product announcements and technologies that can be found in exhibitor booths on the Show floor. Attendees are invited to follow up presentations with a visit to the booth for a more in-depth explanation and 1:1 interaction with products and representatives. These sessions are set to take place in special theaters right on the exhibit floor. No fee or registration is required.
This year, three 2022 Innovation Award winners will present, including:
- Carrier – Make the Invisible Visible with the Abound Cloud Platform
- Antrum – AntrumX: How Centralized IAQ Sensing Leads to Measurably Healthier, Efficient Buildings
- Danfoss – Compressor Innovation from Danfoss Turbocor: Low GWP R1233zd w/Patented Hybrid Compression Design
Attendees can view the complete schedule for the 2022 AHR Expo Education Program on the education section of the AHR Expo website. The MyShowPlanner tool is available to assist attendees in building personalized Show agendas. Attendees can also engage Breezy, the new A.I. Chatbot assistant on the Show website. Additionally, attendees are encouraged to download the MyShowPlanner App for iOS and Android to manage their Show and Education Program schedule. Details and instructions for downloading the 2022 AHR Expo App will be released closer to the Show and available on the AHR Expo website.
“We are ready to rock and host a stellar Show in Vegas,” continues Stevens. “We’ve been planning for this moment for so long and are so encouraged by the enthusiasm from exhibitors, attendees and all those who make this Show a success each year. We promise to bring an event like never before and it’s only going to get better as this industry continues to grow through innovation. We can’t wait to see what you’ll discover at AHR Expo.”