Cooper Lighting has announced that 14 of its products, including 13 LED luminaires, have been recognized by the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) Progress Committee as providing “an advancement in the art and science of lighting.” Announced at the 2012 IES Annual Conference held this month, the products are featured in the 2012 IES Progress Report, which presents significant developments and improvements in the lighting industry during the past year.
The accepted products include:
- The IRiS P3LED Directional Series, the 3-inch aperture, LED recessed series combines the flexibility of interchangeable optics with the energy savings, long life and sustainability of LED.
- Portfolio’s 4-inch LED high output square downlight series provides up to 1800 lumens, comparable to two 26-watt compact fluorescent lamps, while consuming only 36 watts.
- The Lumiere Eon Bollard is available in single- or dual-head versions with efficacies up to 78 lumens per watt.
- Lumiere’s Eon Pathway Luminaire offers downlight illumination from a fixed head and uses the same low-profile AccuLED optics.
- Lumiere’s Eon Wall Mount Luminaires offer wattages of 8.8 and 17.6 watts and efficacies as high as 82 lumens per watt.
- The RSA AX Series LED downlight is the first reported Zhaga-compliant accent luminaire that can be used in international applications.
- The RSA COMBO LED Wall Wash Luminaire offers an efficacy of 63 lumens per watt with a 38-watt input power.
- The Halo ML56 Recessed Downlighting System offers a comprehensive modular system of dimmable LED light modules and interchangeable 5- and 6-inch trims, which include reflectors, baffles, eyeballs, and Halo-exclusive wall-wash trims.
- The Metalux Accord LED luminaire is available in four lumen packages, three color temperatures and offers three diffuser options.
- Metalux’s ArcLine LED luminaire is a shallow plenum line of architectural recessed luminaires with a depth of only 3.25 inches.
- The Halo Commercial product line is the first reported product to receive commercial qualification under the new ENERGY STAR specification.
- The Fail-Safe HVL LED architectural vandal-resistant luminaire is offered with a wide variety of options.
- The Fail-Safe UCL LED undercabinet luminaire offers a comprehensive package of features.
- The Sure-Lites PathLinx emergency lighting system powers remote LED path of egress units through normal Class 2 wiring or through Ethernet cable using on-board RJ-45 jacks, eliminating costly junction boxes and conduit.
The Progress Report submittals, which include new products, research, publications and design tools, are reviewed by the IES Progress Committee. The committee consists of industry experts from all different aspects of the lighting industry with the mission of keeping in touch with developments in the art and science of lighting throughout the world. The committee prepares a yearly review of achievements for the society. Each submittal goes through a judging process and is evaluated for its uniqueness, innovativeness and significance to the lighting industry. Judging is not based on aesthetics; it focuses on and honors technical advancements.
Be the first to comment on "Cooper Lighting Products Recognized by IES Progress Committee"