The future of HVACR will be on display in January when hundreds of new and upgraded products and technologies for the HVACR industry will be featured at the 2018 AHR Expo (International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition) in Chicago.
The 2018 AHR Expo will be held Jan. 22-24, 2018, at McCormick Place in Chicago. To register, please visit the AHR Expo registration website.
Exhibitors will be displaying a variety of HVACR-related products, systems and technologies across every facet of the industry, from complete systems engineered for large commercial and industrial buildings to labor-saving tools and profit-generating services for residential contractors.
With 2,000+ exhibitors, 100+ seminars and product presentations, and more than 65,000 attendees, the show provides a forum for the entire HVACR industry, from product designers and engineers to installers and end-users, to come together and share ideas, discover new products, and find solutions to technical problems.
Some of the exhibits that contractors, engineers and other attendees can look forward to include:
- VFDs (variable frequency drives) for HVAC applications—specifically designed for building automation applications, helping minimize energy costs and maximizing occupant comfort
- Upgraded Wi-Fi-connected thermostat technology that allows for control via iOS or Android apps, plus email notifications and advanced voice control
- A digitally controlled mixing valve that provides fast, accurate temperature control for domestic hot water applications
- New bionic impeller technology with a special blade design, modeled after the tubercles on a whale to ensure an optimized airflow angle and reduced flow separation on the blade surface
- A self-contained HVAC system for hazardous locations, designed to prevent an explosion by using only non-arcing components installed in a small, light increased safety enclosure
- An oscilloscope for testing motor shaft voltages, allowing contractors to determine if motors are at risk of premature bearing failure due to bearing currents
- New electrical test meter technology for reliable, true-RMS measurements in crowded junction boxes or along conductors with inaccessible ends points, saving time, minimizing potential errors, and greatly reducing the possibility of arc flash
- Software that allows engineers and designers to create air systems including both air handlers and rooftop units, including the tools to design complex hydronic, steam, plumbing and VRF (variable refrigerant flow) systems along with control schematics
- An array of tools, including heavy-duty wire strippers built with the durability of pliers and the sharpness and precision of a wire stripper; thermal imaging technology with Wi-Fi that uses a slim IR camera with an integrated touch-screen; a handheld particle counter for indoor air quality investigations; and a copper line cleaning tool that removes contaminants from existing refrigeration and air conditioning lines
This is only a sample of the array of innovations to be highlighted at the 2018 AHR Expo. For more information including a searchable directory of exhibitors and product categories and to register, visit the website.