The International Code Council has extended the deadline for proposed changes to the 2019 Group B International Codes (I-Codes) to Monday, Jan. 14, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. All interested parties are welcome to submit their proposals through the code development website, cdpACCESS.
The I-Codes are a family of fifteen coordinated building safety codes used throughout the world that protect against disasters like fires, weather-related events and structural collapse. The development of the 2021 I-Codes began in early 2018 with the code change proposals for the Group A codes. The entire code development process takes place every three years and is open, transparent and inclusive.
Group B includes:
- Administrative chapters (Chapter 1) for the I-Codes as well as updates to currently referenced standards in the I-Codes
- Structural provisions in the International Building Code
- International Existing Building Code
- International Energy Conservation Code (Commercial and Residential)
- Building (Chapters 1 – 10) and Energy (Chapter 11) provisions in the International Residential Code
- Chapter 1 of the International Green Construction Code.
After the code change proposals are submitted, expert committees will review the proposed changes at the Committee Action Hearings in Albuquerque, N.M., on April 28 – May 8. The hearings offer code officials; architects; builders; engineers; designers; construction trade associations; and other interested parties the opportunity to provide input on proposed code changes to the Group B codes. In advance of the hearings, the Code Council will release the hearing schedule on Tuesday, Feb. 19, and post proposed code changes on Monday, March 4.
- To submit a code change proposal, visit cdpACCESS.com. Anyone can submit a code change, but registration is required.
- For more information about cdpACCESS, visit here.
- Download infographics about the process: How It Works and By the Numbers.
Be the first to comment on "International Code Council Extends Code Change Submission Deadline"