Transwestern Sustainability Services has announced it assisted the Kohler Signature Store by Expressions Home Gallery, a 2,822-square-foot retail space and headquarters, in earning LEED certification under v4 of the LEED for Interior Design + Construction rating system. Located at 3250 Helms Ave. in Culver City, Calif., the Kohler Signature Store is the first U.S. location and the 11th project to be certified under the LEED v4 Interior Design + Construction: Retail rating system by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Kohler, Expressions Home Gallery and Transwestern Sustainability Services implemented a variety of improvements, including:
- Reducing lighting power density while maintaining adequate lighting levels within the office space by installing no-mercury LED lamps and fixtures.
- Connecting 36 percent of the lighting load to daylight controls and over 95 percent to occupancy controls.
- Retrofitting base building plumbing fixtures to low-flow water closets, urinals and automatic lavatory faucets, resulting in a 36 percent decrease in potable water usage.
- Functional testing of all energy systems in the project space to ensure they were installed, calibrated and performing to the owner’s project requirements, basis of design and construction documents.
- Purchasing ENERGY STAR-rated products for over 96 percent of equipment and appliances used in the retail and office space.
“It was no surprise that Kohler decided to pursue the certification utilizing the newest version of LEED for Commercial Interiors,” says Allan Skodowski, senior vice president and director of LEED and sustainability at Transwestern. “Kohler has raised the bar for the industry in obtaining the LEED v4 ID+C: Retail certification.”
Be the first to comment on "Kohler Signature Store Earns LEED Certification"