Heat exchangers are essential components in many hydronic and plumbing applications. A favorite to the webinar series, John Siegenthaler, P.E., will describe different categories of heat exchangers, discuss how to assess their performance, detail their installation, present several unique applications and provide a complimentary resource for our audience. Join the Coffee with Caleffi webinar on Thursday, July 29 from noon – 1:30 p.m. CDT.
- What is meant by the terms “approach temperature”, “thermal length” and LMTD in the context of heat exchangers?
- Which flow configuration produces maximum heat transfer rate: concurrent flow, or counterflow?
- Should heat exchangers made of 316 stainless steel be used in pool heating applications?
- Why do internal coil heat exchanger require much larger surface area for a given rate of heat transfer compared to brazed plate heat exchangers?
- Where can additional resources be found?
A seasoned industry leader and passionate teacher, Siegenthaler is eager to share his more than 40 years’ experience in the understanding and proper application of water-based engineering principles with our audience. He is the principal of Appropriate Designs and a regular contributor to industry publications.
Coffee with Caleffi technical training webinars are free and intended for contractors, designers and wholesalers. By submitting your webinar registration, you are consenting to email communications to keep you up-to-date on industry news.
A Certificate of Attendance is emailed to attendees following the webinar equivalent to 1.0 PDH for continuing education. Please verify with your state/province for fulfillment compliance.