The Metal Construction Association (MCA) has formed the MCA Triumph Awards, a new way to honor the many different kinds of people and companies that champion the growth and development of the metal construction industry each year.
Announced at the METALCON show, the idea for the commendation was initiated by Keith Lipps, vice president of marketing and sales from MCA member company, S-5!. “So many people do great things everyday at various levels in their career using many different skill sets, and it’s their achievements that make this industry thrive,” says Lipps. “We want to celebrate these contributions with a premier award because it’s everyone working together that makes us strong.”
The annual MCA Triumph Awards will honor individuals and companies from throughout the metal construction industry, from academia to code development to marketing and communication to research and innovation. The inaugural Triumph Award went to Claire Kilcoyne of PSMJ Resources who was awarded the first Industry Champion of the Year Award for spearheading the METALCON show for 25 successful years.
Future honorees will be nominated by their peers and judged by a 10-person committee. The awards will be presented at a marquee event designed to celebrate honorees with a formal dinner and light-hearted entertainment. “It will be the Academy Awards of the metal construction industry,” says Lipps.
Nominations are open to the public and will be accepted beginning February 2016. The awards event will be held Oct. 26, 2016 in Baltimore. The judging committee will consist of members from a variety of groups, including members from the MCA, Metal Building Manufacturers Association (MBMA), Metal Building Contractors and Erectors Association (MBCEA), National Frame Building Association (NFBA), as well as at-large volunteers.
“We are thrilled to be on the ground floor planning for this awards program,” says Kristin Peregoy with MCA member company, New Tech Machinery. Peregoy has been instrumental in launching the program along with Lipps. “As a new member company of MCA, we wanted to get involved and we couldn’t ask for a more exciting opportunity.”
The MCA Triumph Awards will be given in nine categories:
- Industry Champion of the Year Award: An individual from any field or position that has made a great overall impact on advancing the metal construction industry.
- Industry Young Movers and Shakers Awards: For those younger than 35 who demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative in his or her business or profession.
- Industry Media Executive / Journalist of the Year Award: A member the media who has made a significant impact on the metal construction industry through media and journalism.
- Industry Sales Person of the Year Award: A sales professional who has had the greatest impact on their company in the previous 12 months.
- Entrepreneur of the Year: An individual who was the original founder of a business in the metal construction industry (contractor, manufacturer or building system) who has who has built a successful company.
- Business of the Year – Contractor, Manufacturer, and Service Provider: A company in each category that has demonstrated achievement and an exceptional previous 18 months.
- Emerging Business of the Year: A new company in the metal construction industry that has demonstrated achievement and an exceptional previous 18 months.
- Corporate Citizen – Business of the Year and Individual of the Year: An individual and a company that has shown commitment to bettering the world outside of their normal business through their involvement and dedication to a cause or charity.
- Marketer of the Year – Business to Business and Consumer: Marketers and their agencies for exceptional integrated marketing campaigns that have promoted their companies with exceptional creative and strategy over the past 12 months.
MCA will be providing additional information about how to submit nominations for the award and opportunities for corporate sponsorships in the coming months.
Be the first to comment on "MCA Launches Triumph Awards to Honor Those Who Impact the Advancement of the Metal Construction Industry"