To commemorate the brand’s 10th anniversary, FENIX Innovative Materials is now available in six new colors inspired by natural and manmade sights from around the world. Designed in Italy and available in North America exclusively through Formica Corporation, the extremely matte and soft-to-the-touch surface has fast become a staple material in design portfolios.
The new colors include:
- Giallo Evora: A delicate yellow inspired by the architecture of Evora, Portugal.
- Verde Katami: A soft green with tones of gray channeling the colors of the peaks of Kitami in the Hokkaido region of Japan.
- Blu Shaba: Capturing the colors of Chrysocolla, a malachite from the Shaba region of Congo, this deep blue blends with nuanced shades of green.
- Viola Orissa: Inspired by the Indian region said to be the birthplace of eggplant, this deep purple adds a matte twist to the vegetable’s signature hue.
- Grigio Aragona: A bridge between the collection’s existing browns and grays, this new shade was inspired by Sicily’s mud volcanos in the Macalube di Aragona nature reserve.
- Rosso Namib: A warm brick red evoking imagery of the red desert of Namibia.
With an extremely opaque and soft-touch surface, FENIX is a designer favorite across both commercial and residential settings, including retail, education, office, kitchen and bath, and furniture design. The surface can be used for both vertical and horizontal applications, adding moments of sleek elegance to any space. FENIX also has anti-fingerprint properties and the ability to use thermal healing for superficial micro-scratches.