Across the built environment, residential and commercial garage doors are vital building components that directly impact the safety, security, and functionality of the structures in which they are installed. Day in and day out, sectional and rolling doors aid in the protection of homes, businesses, people, and property, as well as help keep industries moving.
Yet despite their high visibility and heavy use, sectional and rolling doors can be seen as an ancillary element in the specification process. And that can create unforeseen challenges that cause project delays, compliance violations, costly reworking of plans, or even maintenance problems for businesses, developers, and homeowners if the right door isn’t selected for an opening.
The landscape of residential and commercial door products is vast. The technology behind today’s sectional and rolling doors offers products with an array of design customizations and performance options that add aesthetic value, efficiency, and security to buildings. But selecting the appropriate look, calculating dimensions, and optimizing performance, all while ensuring code compliance, is a complex and time-consuming endeavor. Architects and building designers must account for everything from space clearances, operating speeds, and cycle ratings to wind load, fire resistance, and more.
Fortunately, residential and commercial door manufacturer Clopay Corporation has created an essential new tool to simplify and streamline the process for Clopay, Cornell, and Cookson doors: ArchitectDoorHelp.com. This website is an online hub that gives designers and specifiers the tools they need to efficiently select and specify the right doors for openings, backed by a team of architectural support staff to help make creative visions a reality.
How Architect Door Help Works
Architect Door Help can be accessed at www.ArchitectDoorHelp.com, and it features a combination of resources that cover everything from product selection to real-time customization and rendering. Aside from viewing and comparing products, here are some of the more valuable features that can save time and effort.
- A library of BIM objects allows designers to incorporate three-dimensional simulations of the Clopay, Cornell and Cookson products to make more informed design decisions.
- Product data sheets are a quick and easy way to assess Clopay, Cornell, and Cookson doors, including performance features and design options for panels, windows, colors, and finishes.
- Fully editable specifications tailored to specific products, provided without requiring any contact information or creating an account and password.
- Among all the site’s features, its rolling door drawing generator is one of the most powerful because by simply filling in dimensions and other details, specifiers can get a custom drawing created for their rolling door of choice, including mounting details and required clearances.
- A library of codes, listings, and letters that show which residential and commercial garage door products meet various requirements, which eliminates the time-consuming challenge of tracking this information down from third parties.
All of these elements are necessary components in the selection and specification process for sectional and rolling doors. Having them readily available in a simple to navigate format makes the process faster and easier.