Inspired by the need to keep a half century old family orchard alive, Root Quencher is a subsurface watering and irrigation system that brings effective, yet simple underground watering innovation to the garden and landscape industry.
Root Quencher saves 50 percent water (versus sprinkler-based watering) and integrates with existing irrigation systems or can perform as a standalone device to water plants and trees. It is fully adjustable in consideration of root depth and soil conditions while the flow controls facilitate directional water flow. Made in the USA with high quality recycled ABS material, Root Quencher waters and fertilizes directly at the roots.
NEW! Root Quencher Jr. A deep root watering device for smaller shrubs and plants. Replaces existing sprinkler heads to provide water and fertilizers directly to the roots. Adjustable flow controls that allows you to balance the RQ Jr. with your existing irrigation. Directional plugs available to focus the water exactly where you need it.
How the Root Quencher Works:
- The Root Quencher easily installs just inside the canopy of your tree, fruit tree or shrub and connects seamlessly to your existing irrigation system (dig a hole, cut into the sprinkler/irrigation line, add a T fitting to connect the Root Quencher to the water line, adjust water valve and turn irrigation on to fill chamber and water directly at the roots) or as a standalone device.
- Adjust the depth of the Root Quencher device for plant and tree needs and soil conditions ranging from 9 inches to 22 inches. Designed to be adjustable for all tree and plant needs as well as soil conditions, the Root Quencher delivers water and nutrients to your landscape in the most efficient and effective manner. The Root Quencher Jr. is for smaller plants, rose bushes and measures 2 inches wide by 6 inches deep.
- Directional plugs are available to focus the water exactly where you need it while the bottom chamber is 99 percent closed allowing for effective water and fertilizer containment, mixing and directional distribution.
- Water fills the chambers and wicks out the holes with capillary action and absorbs laterally, vertically and down the root zone to nourish roots.
- The flow control valve balances the water output with other devices in targeted zones and adjusts water output for specific plant and tree requirements while the three telescoping chambers holds and distributes water. The water distribution holes facilitate the channeling of water.
Root Quencher includes a chamber cap with vent holes for air circulation with easy access to flow controls and fertilization.
Be the first to comment on "Water Trees and Shrubs Below the Ground"